Pages

Friday 26 August 2011

Workroom

I've been painting. I've nearly finished painting. I've chosen this,



cornflower white.

It's bland, unassuming, inoffensive, and above all, easy to work with. How I wish there was more of it around!

I'm not the most organised person. Neither am I a stylist, photographer, interior designer or any of those things that would help me develop my space. But when I want to be I can be ruthless. I've thrown and recycled and thrifted like a good one. Nothing gets into my room now unless it's earned its place. It's getting there.

Little corners of my workroom.


My organic scraps and embroidery scraps.


My non-organic scraps and a lovely reel of vintage thread.


You can see which threads I use the most.


Knitting needles on the go.

Because I always lose my best needles


My favourite chocolates might have gone but these lovely boxes are so useful and because I didn't say  no pink at all. A special corner for Elizabeth!



These beautiful orchids because on a thundery, wet afternoon in August they make me happy!

Have a lovely weekend. To my friends on the east coast - stay safe. Keep away from that nasty Irene!


8 comments:

MadScientistsDesigns said...

Wow! can you come over and organize my space too? (green with envy)

Milly and Me said...

I was thinking something similar ;)
Mine is 'organised chaos' - I kind of know where most things are...
Well done you!
Jo x

Baban Cat said...

We're in the middle of a raging thunderstorm so not right now! Any time as long as you can guarantee sunshine!!

Creating Trouble said...

Looking really good! Even though I can only see a small corner, I'm sure your new space looks positively beautiful - as do all the posts on your blog! I really enjoy coming around and seeing what you've been up to.
I was also going to ask if you minded being my 'bloglovin' shout out this month? It basically just means I recommend your blog to my other blog readers and put a photo with a link to you on it. Would that be OK?

Baban Cat said...

More than OK! I'd be thrilled :)

Anonymous said...

A place for everything and everything in its place! I'm jealous!

cathouseprints said...

Oh my, the workroom looks fabulous! Love it and you're more than welcome to pay a visit to west coast (no storms here) for a decorating adventure! Trust me, it would be an adventure. My chaos isn't even organized!

Lizzy Love said...

It looks just fabulous! I am catching up on all the blog posts I missed when my life got temporarily busier beyond what is manageable for a few weeks. I am sorry I missed this when it was posted and I really appreciate the mention. THANK YOU! Your studio looks just wonderful, you must really enjoy working in it!