Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Stitchery Dooo




Philip Morgan's artwork has been gracing Cardiff's streets but you might not be aware of it. Cardiff Skateboard Club's posters are his. His 'Box Man' is legendary. He also designs for Crayon Skateboards.




I love his bird designs . I think they would make great sewing projects. His owls , in particular, have real character. We were chatting one day and he was really keen to come up with a few ideas. Original designs drawn on a grid - perfect.

I knew I had some 14 count grid paper somewhere so went off to search for it. It's been a while since I did any cross stitch so everything was packed away. We moved house about 15 years ago and I know I haven't done any since then. Rummaging, I came across these.













I must have enjoyed doing them at the time. I made plenty! They will now need to be washed, rebacked and framed.

Would I do them now?

Probably not. They're a little bit twee for my tastes now but there is an endearing quality about these Penelope kits. I really like the little houses. It must have been what attracted me to them in the first place!




No comments: