Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Picnic basket

I wanted to share with you some of the scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park. This is what I had to drive through on my way home from Wonderwool. It's a hard life!

The road from Builth Wells runs alongside the River Usk. Two years ago after a day at the Royal Welsh Show I had my car towed out of one of the fields by a tractor. The rain during summer of that year had been horrendous. I also spent three days in wellies during the National Eisteddfod but that's another story







From the road between Brecon and Storey Arms.


and from Storey Arms to Cefn Coed. It was just further down from here that I had to pull off the road to take this.


With such delightful company I switched off the engine and opened my picnic basket. No food - already eaten but some things to keep me occupied.


My knitting on the go - fish. Or what do you call a fish with no eye? fsh

Rhod Gilbert's "The Cat That Looked Like Nicholas Lyndhurst" CD - because in these mountains there is no radio reception and because his anger management issues make my road rage disappear.

Beth's biscuits - squirrels this time as I have no heart cake left.

4711 body spray - rediscovered. I needed it after spending time with all those sheep plus I've found out accidentally that it's perfect for getting rid of the summer windscreen film. It's truly vintage with a fascinating history. Check it out here

Bowie Style, "Print and Pattern" for inspiration.

No comments: